Combined with breadsticks or carrot sticks, this tangy cheese spread makes a satisfying afterschool snack. Pimientos are large, sweet red peppers that are usually sold in jars.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos (well drained)
- 1 cup grated yellow cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor, pulse reduced-fat mayonnaise with reduced-fat cream cheese and chopped pimientos (well drained) until combined.
Using a flexible spatula, scrape down sides of bowl. Add cheddar cheese; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Pulse until spreadable and slightly chunky.