Sauteed Shrimp and Endive
If you like, you can substitute large (sea) scallops for the medium shrimp in this recipe.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds endive (5 to 6 heads), sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook, tossing frequently, until just opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp.
Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet; add endive, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat just until endive begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine (if using); cook until syrupy, 3 to 4 minutes.
Return shrimp to skillet. Add parsley, and toss until shrimp is heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.