This easily-assembled platter of Italian treats is perfect for cocktail parties and game days.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- Assorted breadsticks, baguette slices, or flatbread
- 1/2 pound soppressata, salami, or pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb halved lengthwise, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) roasted red or yellow bell peppers rinsed, drained, and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) bocconcini or sliced fresh mozzarella
- 3/4 cup mixed olives
- 1 jar (10 ounces) artichoke hearts rinsed and drained well
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pepperoncini or pickled hot peppers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl or jar, combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, crushed red pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Whisk or shake to blend.
To serve, arrange ingredients on a large platter; drizzle vinaigrette over the fennel, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, and bocconcini, and garnish with fennel fronds.