Tzatziki for Fritters
Make this garlicky yogurt sauce for our savory Chickpea Fritters.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2003
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1 1/2-by-1/8-inch matchsticks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt or Strained Yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper
In a colander, sprinkle cucumber with salt; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, garlic, vinegar, oil, and dill. Season with salt and pepper.