Grilled Tomatoes with Fresh Oregano
For extra flavor, tomatoes are marinated in a oregano vinaigrette before, and after, grilling.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2003
- 3 tablespoons sherry-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 large tomatoes (about 3 pounds), cored and cut in half horizontally
Heat grill over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour vinaigrette into a large shallow dish. Place tomatoes, cut side down, in dish. Let marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Place tomatoes on grill, cut side down, and reserve marinade. Grill tomatoes until charred, about 3 minutes per side. Return grilled tomatoes to the vinaigrette. Let marinate again at room temperature until ready to serve.