Hearty Beef Stew
Using our rich Basic Beef Stock as its base, this stew is satisfying and quick to make. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2003
- 1 recipe Basic Beef Stock, including reserved shredded beef and tomato pieces
- 1 pound pearl onions, peeled
- 5 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ten-ounce package frozen green peas, thawed
In a stockpot, combine stock and reserved beef and tomato pieces. Cover; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and dill. Cook, uncovered, until onions are soft, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, add the peas, and cook just until tender and heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.