Toasted Snack Mix
This easy-to-make mix of nuts, crackers, and spices is perfect for parties and game nights.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2003
- 4 cups small cheese crackers (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups oyster crackers (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups thin pretzel sticks (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound mixed nuts (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a shallow bowl, combine crackers, pretzels, and nuts. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook butter and garlic until butter starts to bubble, about 4 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to pan; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer; cook about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove garlic, and discard. Drizzle butter over cracker mixture, tossing to coat.
Spread mixture evenly in two rimmed baking sheets. Bake until toasted and fragrant, about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice to cook evenly. Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.