Roasted Root Vegetables with Sage and Garlic
Roasting carrots, rutabagas, turnips, and parsnips (here with fresh sage and garlic) highlights their richness and varying intensities of sweetness.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2004
- 8 ounces rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes or half-moons
- 8 ounces turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes or half-moons
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes or rounds
- 8 ounces parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes or rounds
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 garlic cloves (do not peel)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together all ingredients; spread out in a roasting pan. Roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 50 to 60 minutes.