Roasted Radishes with Capers and Anchovies
Rascally radishes, members of the mustard family, meet their match with salty anchovies and capers; roasting tames all three (and a squeeze of lemon brightens the lot), transforming them into a sublime side dish.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2004
- 12 ounces radishes (about 12), halved if large
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in upper third. Toss together radishes, capers, anchovies, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread out mixture in a small roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until radishes are shriveled and fragrant, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with lemon.