Creamed Sweet Corn
We made this dish with white sweet corn, but yellow or bicolor corn would be delicious as well.
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Makes 5 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Stir together flour, sugar, salt, ginger, and white pepper in a small bowl.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes (do not brown). Add corn; cook, stirring, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour mixture, tossing to coat; cook 1 minute. Add cream; cook, stirring, until corn is tender and mixture is thickened, about 3 minutes.