Steamed Corn on the Cob with Orange-Oregano Butter
Serving sweet corn with a flavored butter, like this one with zest and herbs, makes it even more delectable.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ears corn, shucked
Stir together butter, zest, chives, and oregano. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil over medium-high heat in a large, covered, stockpot. Place corn in pot vertically, stem ends down; cover, and steam corn until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer corn to a large bowl. Toss with some of the butter; season with salt and pepper. Serve with remaining butter.