Herb Vinaigrette for Grilled Vegetables
Use this recipe when making our Grilled Vegetables with Herb Vinaigrette.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers, rinsed
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons total)
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool. Stir in capers, zest, parsley, basil, and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
Blend vinegar, mustard and lemon juice, plus salt and pepper to taste, in a blender until combined. With blender running, pour in remaining 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil in a slow, steady stream; blend until emulsified. Just before serving, stir vinaigrette into shallot mixture.