Prosciutto Crostini and Fresh Figs with Gorgonzola
Creamy Gorgonzola tops fresh figs and crostini with prosciutto.
- Yield: Makes 20 of each hors d'oeuvre
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 1/2 baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces Gorgonzola dolce, room temperature
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, very thinly sliced and torn into bite-size pieces
- Fresh lemon thyme, for garnish
- 10 fresh figs, halved lengthwise
- Fresh tarragon, for garnish
Preheat broiler. Cut baguette into 20 slices (each about 1/4 inch thick); transfer to a baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Broil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
When bread is cool enough to handle, spoon 1 teaspoon cheese onto each round. Arrange a piece of prosciutto next to cheese; garnish with lemon thyme.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese onto each fig half; garnish with tarragon.