Rose Sangria with Melon
Thanks to a medley of fruit, this cocktail got a lot more delicious.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Sivan Lewin
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 1 bottle (750 ml) French dry rose wine, such as Tavel or Bandol
- 6 tablespoons creme de cassis (black-currant liqueur)
- 1 Chanterais melon or 1/2 large cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- 1 peach or nectarine, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pint blackberries or raspberries
- 1 bottle (750 ml) sparkling water
Stir together all the ingredients except sparkling water in a large pitcher. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve, up to 3 hours. Stir in the sparkling water, and serve over ice.