Grilled Pizzas with Canadian Bacon and Pineapple
Mint adds a nice bright flavor to our take on Hawaiian pizza.
- Yield: Makes 6 nine-inch pizzas
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2004
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut lengthwise into 1-inch-thick spears
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, thickly sliced
- Pizza Dough for Grilled Pizzas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Heat a grill until medium-hot. Grill pineapple and bacon, turning once, until browned, about 2 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
Generously brush one side of pizza dough with oil; grill, oiled side down, until underside is golden brown and top begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Quickly brush top with oil; flip crust. Top with a thin layer of cheese and some of the pineapple and bacon. Grill until cheese is just melted, toppings are hot, and crust is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Slide pizza with a large spatula onto a cutting board. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange mint on top. Drizzle with oil. Repeat to make more pizzas.