A dab of pea-shoot pesto brings new life to any sandwich.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2004
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces pea shoots, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Puree all ingredients in a blender. If not using immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.