Marinated Olives with Oregano and Fennel Seeds
These olives can be prepared three days ahead and refrigerated, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2004
- 1 1/4 pounds assorted brine-cured olives (3 cups), such as Alfonso, Gaeta, and Sicilian rinsed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
Stir together olives, oil, fennel seeds, oregano, and garlic in a medium bowl. Cover, and let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.