Carrot Sandwich with Avocado
A delicious take on "health food," this triple-decker is loaded with grated carrot, sprouts, avocado, and a lemony ricotta spread.
- Yield: Makes 1
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2005
- 3 slices whole-grain sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta-Lemon Spread
- 1/2 cup finely grated peeled carrot
- 1/4 cup buckwheat or alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Cover 1 bread slice with 1 tablespoon spread. Top with half of carrot, sprouts, avocado, and radish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with another bread slice; repeat layers. Top with remaining bread.