Use up your leftover canned pumpkin puree to make this spiced breakfast treat.
- Yield: Makes 8 to 10 pancakes
Photography: Sang An
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2004
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for skillet and serving
- 1 egg
- Syrup, for serving
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and egg. Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.