Vegetable couscous salad
Pair this bright side with broiled salmon, lamb chops, or grilled fish.
- Servings: 4
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons of torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Cook couscous according to package instructions. In a medium bowl, combined cooked couscous, red onion, cucumber, tomato, mint, and olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days.