Shrimp Salad with Apricots and Cucumber
Sweet and tart apricots combine perfectly with lime juice and jalapeno in this flavorful shrimp salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1 pound frozen pre-cooked shrimp, thawed (tails removed)
- 4 apricots (about 1/2 pound), pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, and jalapeno. Add shrimp, apricots, cucumber, scallions, and cilantro; toss to coat. Season shrimp salad with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.