Brooklyn, New York's Sharon Pearlstein shares this refreshing fruit soup as a starter (or even dessert).
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2008
- 3 mangoes (about 3 pounds total), peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks (about 5 cups)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Coarse salt
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sliced fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Working in batches, place mangoes, cucumbers, buttermilk, lime juice, and vinegar in a blender; puree until smooth. Season with salt and, if using, hot sauce. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve gazpacho with lime wedges and basil, if desired.