Deluxe Turkey Sandwich
This recipe for leftover Thanksgiving turkey comes from Agnes Satori of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2006
- 8 slices bacon (8 ounces total)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- 12 ounces leftover roast turkey, sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
In a skillet over medium, cook bacon until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side; drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and ketchup; season with salt and pepper.
Lay the bread on a work surface. Spread mayonnaise mixture on each slice; layer 4 slices with turkey, bacon, lettuce, pickles, and top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.