Hummus and Vegetable Wrap
This meatless lunch includes fiber, protein and a rainbow of veggies.
Source: Everyday Food, June 2008
- 2 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 2/3 cup hummus
- 1 yellow bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Lay tortillas on a work surface. Dividing evenly, spread each one with hummus, leaving a 1-inch border all around. In center of each tortilla, mound bell pepper, tomatoes, sprouts, and avocado; season with salt and pepper.
Fold side of tortilla closest to you over filling. Fold right and left sides in toward center, and tightly roll up tortillas. (To store, refrigerate, wrapped in plastic or waxed paper, up to 1 day.)