Ham and Swiss Sandwich with Dill Spread
This classic sandwich gets a boost of herby brightness from the dill spread.
Source: Everyday Food, December 2007
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 thin slices smoked ham
- Green leaf lettuce
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and dill. Season with salt and pepper; set dill spread aside.
Place cheese on both slices of bread; top with dill spread. Place ham and lettuce on one slice; top with other slice. Refrigerate, wrapped in parchment or waxed paper, up to overnight.