Chorizo and Shrimp Pilaf
A zesty supper is only minutes away with this microwave meal featuring Spanish chorizo, a fully cooked sausage available in mild or hot varieties at most supermarkets.
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2007
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 pound smoked hard chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
In a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine rice, wine, chorizo, oil, garlic, and 1 1/4 cups water; season with salt and pepper.
Cover, and microwave on high until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in shrimp, tomatoes, and peas; cover and microwave 4 minutes more.
Let stand, covered, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 minutes.