Try this spread on our Artichoke and Salami Sandwiches, or as a dip for crudite and pita chips.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Everyday Food, 2008
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered, or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor, combine artichokes, basil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and red-pepper flakes; pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper; pulse briefly to combine. Serve on a sandwich or with crackers or crudites. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.