Meat Tortellini in Broth with Arugula and Pesto Toasts
Fresh tortellini, plus a quick pesto make for a surprisingly quick and lovely meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 2 bunches arugula (about 1/2 pound total), stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces meat tortellini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 thin slices baguette, toasted
In a food processor, combine Parmesan and half the arugula; pulse until coarsely chopped. With motor running, add oil in a thin stream, and process into a rough paste; season pesto with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, bring broth and 3 cups water to a boil. Add tortellini, and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Remove from heat; stir in remaining arugula and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Ladle tortellini and broth into bowls, and serve with pesto-topped toasts.