Fresh Fettuccine with Quick Meat Sauce
This is a satisfying pasta dish when you don't have a lot of time to spare.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 18 ounces fresh fettucine
- Grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)
Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pork and beef; cook, breaking meat up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; cook until evaporated, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, and red-pepper flakes; cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, and return to pot; add meat sauce, and toss to coat. Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan, if desired.