Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce and Citrus Broccoli
This easy-to-make dish is ready in just 30 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2008
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter (preferably natural)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. On sheet, toss steak with oil and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, thread beef strips onto each of 16 6-inch skewers (if using wooden ones, cover exposed parts with foil to prevent scorching). Arrange on sheet; set aside.
Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch water; fit with a steamer basket. Bring to a boil over high. Add broccoli; cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Toss with 1 tablespoon lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Broil skewers, without turning, 3 to 5 minutes for medium. In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/4 cup water. Serve beef skewers and broccoli with peanut sauce for dipping.