Smoked Salmon Canapes with Tarragon
Serve this effortless starter at your next Sunday brunch.
- Yield: Makes 24
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 4 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 thin slices pumpernickel bread (crusts removed), cut into quarters
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, torn to fit bread
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, tarragon, and lemon zest and juice; season mixture with salt and pepper.
Dividing evenly, spread bread with cream cheese mixture (about 1 teaspoon per slice). Top with smoked salmon, and garnish with tarragon leaves.