Tomato, Chickpea, and Arugula Salad
This vegetarian salad is hearty, satisfying, and easily stored for work lunches.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 3 ounces baby arugula (about 4 cups)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Dividing evenly between 2 airtight containers, layer arugula, scallions, chickpeas, tomatoes, and walnuts; cover, and refrigerate up to overnight.
In 2 more airtight containers, divide vinegar and oil for vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper. Cover and store at room temperature. To serve, shake vinaigrette in containers to combine; pour over salads, and toss.