Open-Faced Egg Salad Sandwiches
These classic sandwiches are a filling and economical lunch.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- Green leaf lettuce, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar until smooth. Add eggs, celery, and onion; season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine. To serve, top toasts with lettuce and egg salad.