Lighter Ranch Chicken Salad
Made with Lighter Ranch Dressing, this chicken salad has reduced fat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 5 slices multigrain sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Lighter Ranch Dressing
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 3 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
In a food processor, pulse bread until coarse crumbs form. Add oil, and season with salt and pepper; pulse just until moistened. Transfer crumbs to a plate.
In a shallow dish, toss chicken with 1/4 cup ranch dressing. Dredge chicken in crumbs, pressing to adhere; transfer to prepared rack. Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly).
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, radishes, cucumber, and carrots. Top salad with sliced chicken; drizzle with remaining dressing.