Easy Thai Beef Salad
A midday bowlful of this hearty, Asian-inspired tangle of noodles and beef with lime, mint, and spice will keep you energized all afternoon.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 2
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 2 ounces cellophane (bean thread) noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 6 ounces roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Break noodles in half, and cook according to package instructions. Drain noodles, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, sugar, and curry paste. Add noodles, roast beef, carrot, and mint. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with peanuts when ready to serve.