Cucumber Carrot Bites
These bite-size treats of shredded carrot slaw nestled on a slice of cucumber make the perfect after-school snack.
- Yield: Makes 8
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2008
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut crosswise into 8 rounds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop out a small portion from the center of each cucumber round (without going all the way through); season cucumber cups with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix together carrot, sour cream, scallion whites, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among cucumber cups; garnish with scallion greens.