Avocado and Mango Sandwiches with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise
Who needs meat? This sunny vegetarian sandwich, spread with herb mayo and layered with sliced avocado and mango, is a match made in lunchtime heaven.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2008
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
Dividing evenly, spread toasts with mayonnaise mixture. Top 4 toasts with lettuce, mango, and avocado; cover with remaining toasts. Serve immediately.