Grilled Eggplant Dip
Enjoy the smoky flavor and minty aroma of this terrific lighter version of baba ghanoush, a Middle Eastern dip.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- 1 eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Season with coarse salt
- Grilled or toasted baguette slices
Grill eggplant, covered, over medium, turning once, until collapsed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Halve and scrape out flesh; discard skin. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid. Mix in 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, extra-virgin olive oil, and fresh lemon juice; season with coarse salt. Serve with grilled or toasted baguette slices.