White Bean and Tomato Saute
Serve up this fiber-rich bean toss with roast chicken or grilled fish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add beans and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.