Salad with Mint and Peas
Pairing mint and peas signals that spring's in full swing. Use fresh mint, but skip the work of shelling peas: You'll get good results with frozen ones swapped in for fresh.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (about 9 ounces), washed well and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and mustard. Whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, peas, and mint; toss to coat.