Easy Chicken and Bulgur Salad
This light and healthy salad is easy to assemble and take to work.
Source: Everyday Food, November 2006
- 1/2 cup raw bulgur wheat
- 1 small red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks packed in juice, cut into small pieces, juice reserved
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless cooked chicken or turkey breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, combine bulgur, bell pepper, scallions, pineapple with juice, chicken, and oil. Stir in 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from refrigerator, add lime juice, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.