Tofu Egg Scramble with Avocado
Start your day with this protein-packed plate and you won't reach for sweet snacks before lunch.
Source: Everyday Food, November 2006
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 7 ounces soft tofu (from a 14-ounce package), drained on paper towels
- Pinch turmeric (optional)
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- Whole-wheat bread, toasted (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Crumble tofu into skillet. Sprinkle with turmeric, if using; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is dry, 3 to 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide between two plates; top with avocado and tomatoes. Serve with toast, if desired.