Chicken Sausage with Broccoli Slaw
Crunchy, colorful broccoli slaw is a healthy accompaniment to chicken sausage in this 15-minute meal. Combine honey and mustard to make a tasty dipping sauce for the sausage.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, June 2006
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 3 ounces broccoli spears, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 precooked chicken sausages (about 3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add shallot and broccoli. Stir to combine; set aside.
Heat broiler or toaster-oven broiler. Place sausages on baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until browned and heated through, 5 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mustard and honey in a small bowl. Serve with sausages and broccoli slaw.