Add a blast of fiber and Vitamin A to your already nutritious guacamole.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted, flesh scooped out
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chile
- Coarse salt
In a food processor, puree peas until smooth. In a medium bowl, coarsely mash avocado. Stir in cilantro, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, salt, and pureed peas. To store, place a piece of plastic directly on the guacamole; refrigerate up to overnight.