Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
This delicious chocolate pecan pie treat (no crust needed) is from Anne Royal of Port Orchard, Washington.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 32
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (11.5 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temperature butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until coarse crumbs form. Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.
Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust. Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan before lifting out (using foil to lift). Cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).