Green Cabbage and Fennel Slaw
This crunchy salad features sweet raisins and hearty walnuts.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Brett Stevens
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, with fronds
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, oil, and raisins. Season dressing with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Cut off and reserve 1/4 cup leafy fennel fronds; discard stalks. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate fennel bulb and cabbage. Transfer fennel fronds, fennel, cabbage, and walnuts to bowl with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.