Say hello to your new summer sip: clerico -- South America's version of sangria. The refreshing cocktail is made from a mix of white wine and fruits. Present this party-pleaser in a glass pitcher, or pour it into lidded jars to bring on a picnic.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 10 cups (fruit and liquid)
Photography: Aaron Dyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2016
- 2 bottles dry white wine, like Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- Thinly sliced banana
To make, combine wine with brandy, lemon juice, and sugar in a 3-quart pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add peaches, strawberries, and grapes. Let chill at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Mix in banana just before serving. Pour into glasses filled with ice, and use a spoon to scoop the wine-soaked fruit into each one.