Hot Spiced Tea
This sweet, gingery tea is a perfect way to start your morning, maybe with a pistachio raisin biscotti.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
- 4 tea bags (such as black tea)
- 1 cinnamon stick, plus 4 for garnish
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups low-fat milk (2 percent)
- 1/4 cup honey (or to taste)
In a large saucepan, bring water and fresh ginger to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes.
Add tea bags, 1 cinnamon stick, whole cloves, whole black peppercorns, and low-fat milk. Steep over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 6 minutes.
Strain through a sieve; discard solids. Stir in 1/4 cup honey (or to taste). Divide among mugs. Serve hot, garnished with more cinnamon sticks, if desired.