Tuna and Chickpea Salad
This chunky salad, courtesy of Laura Foster, Toronto, Ontario, is good by itself or over lettuce, with whole-grain crackers on the side.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) solid white tuna, packed in olive oil, drained and flaked
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed, diced small onion, minced small garlic cloves, chopped fresh parsley, and olive oil and red-wine vinegar. Fold in solid white tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.