Orange and Pepper Salsa
This colorful orange salsa is great on top of fish.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- 3 oranges, segmented, plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeds and ribs removed for less heat), minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Segment 3 oranges, reserving juice. Cut segments into 1/2-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine orange pieces, reserved juice, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno chile, scallions, and olive oil and white-wine vinegar. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss well to combine. Serve with tortilla chips or over meat, fish, or poultry.